Pages

08/08/2015

“We hit 4k followers BOOYAH!!!“ — A special message from the creator of Transman Confessions


There must be more guys like me out there,” I thought to myself at 5 a.m. one sleepless morning, a year and four months ago.
I am three months on T with renewed zest for life, raring to go.
So I finish drinking my coffee; and quietly listen to the tropical rain still pouring its heart out. 
I decide to crank open the laptop and with a few taps on the keyboard, I am suddenly the owner of a small ‘confessions’ blog for guys like me. Kind of like a ‘Post Secret for transmen’, if you will.
I am scared and unsure if this will amount to anything.
“What’s the worst that could happen? NOTHING! The worst is that nothing happens on your blog! And that’s hardly life-threatening, you damn ass,” consoles my exasperated BFF.
Fears allayed, it was time to take action.
I invite all of the 5 friends I had come out to to Like my empty page. I write in to different LGBTQIA+ groups for help to spread the word. After a couple months of waiting, the blog gets its first confession. Hurrah! Validation!
I blink. And now there are 4,000 friends on Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply