Pages

31/08/2015

Do straight transmen have straight privilege?

***
Do straight transmen have straight privilege?
***

considering privilege is created by society and given whether one asks for it or not. of course, being perceived as a straight male would grant them privilege.
-maxwellstirling

Those that pass more than those that don’t- even then, they still have to be careful in order to pass and be treated as a heterosexual cis gender man, so they don’t have complete straight privilege.
-lunar-mudby

Yeah, if they pass at least.
-just-a-mail-man

I don’t think so. My husband and I are “straight” (though we ID as queer); but are treated like our relationship is less less meaningful than a cis hetero couple.
-caseyreneelopez

Sometimes I mean me and my girlfriend don’t get cat called but I don’t take her to family dinners either.
-xanderthepander

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply