Pages

20/08/2015

I can't afford top surgery and I'm stealth

i haven’t participated in any queer space like this in several years for a number of reasons, but i really want to put this out in the world in a place away from people who know me.
i can’t afford top surgery. i couldn’t afford T, and had to stop after only a year. I’m stealth with people who know me, but I don’t pass with strangers. Not to say that I need to, but it’d be nice.
Top surgery, though, has become necessary. I used to think I could wait, but I don’t think I can anymore. It’s been 6 years. I can’t breathe as deeply as I should, stand as straight as I should, and I don’t know if it’s from damage caused by binding or damage caused by having these particular tumors.
My partner asked me if I wanted to start a go-fund-me or something of the sort. Other guys have been very successful getting donations for surgeries, and surely our friends would want to help, or even strangers.
But I’m stealth with his family, my coworkers, and I *need* to stay that way. There’s no option there. Even if I did think people would want to help me, it’s just not possible.
And I hate it. But there’s nothing I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply