Pages

22/08/2015

All my life I've been told that I don't matter

I've been told countless times that my problems don't matter because I'm a white transguy. It's driven me to some very dark and often suicidal moments. (Don't worry, I do have help.) I get this from the trans community. I support awareness for all trans people, but whenever I'm told that my problems matter less than every other trans' issues, it drives me to not care and to hate people, which then makes me extremely sad. I'm not that kind of person but I feel driven to it by fellow trans people. 
 I've been told I don't matter all my life, and now everyone around me (those that I support) are also telling me I don't matter. Everyone tells me this. I'm told I'm not special as a trans person (because I'm white, not PoC) and I'm told I'm not discriminated against (b/c I'm white and b/c I'm a guy, not woman). I feel like I have no allies in my community, even though I support all trans people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply