Pages

24/10/2015

I identify as FTM and my bro is gay

transmanconfessions:

I need to get this off my chest so I’m sending this here. I’ve identified as a genderfluid for years. I have a transphobic/homophobic family and I’m not allowed to get a “mans haircut.” I wear a binder everyday and men’s clothes. I’m a closet transgender. I haven’t told anyone yet and I’m too afraid to tell my friends and girlfriend. I’m 16 and have decided that the moment I can move out I’m going to get a haircut and come out. I’m just scared that people won’t accept me, and I already know I’m going to lose my family. 
Hey there. I identify as FTM and my bro is gay. I’m still in the closet by choice  but my bro came out to my parents a decade ago. I’m from a conservative family. It took them a couple of years to accept it but they did come around.
Fear is a real bitch. What you can do is to write down all the possible scenarios that might happen, plan for those scenarios and build a supportive network around you. The reason for the fear is unpreparedness for what might happen. You don’t need to feel compelled to come out ASAP - give yourself time to prepare. 
As for friends who will ditch you - haters will be haters. Find the true friends who will love you for who you are. Find it in you to love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply