Pages

19/05/2014

Love-hate parent-child relationship

Recently there have been a couple of articles that share the last SMSs sent to parents by children who were on board the sinking Korean ferry. They were always ""I love you.""

Can't help but feel that if I were in the same situation as them instead, I might be texting ""I hate you"" to my parents. Not once have they ever cared about the pain and suffering that I've gone through for being trans.

Every day I'm suffering and dying a little bit inside. Yet I know I can't ever talk to my parents about my feelings because they'll just shout at me and tell me that there's nothing wrong with me and I'm just a confused child.

To be fair my parents do love me. They love me enough to do stuff such as providing my allowance and buying me presents for my birthday. But I mean....what's the point sometimes? I don't care about all that. All I really want is for my parents to love and accept me for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply