Pages

02/06/2017

Dysphoric sadness from dressing male models

I volunteered to help a friend out for an important local fashion show as a dresser (someone who dresses the models before they walk), and thought I'd be OK helping male and female models get dressed. I ended up dressing 3 guys, and ended up getting very self-conscious about not only my chest, but also my weight. They were all lean with straight bodies, while compared to mine it's all curves and varying thicknesses. The clothes I helped dress them in lay perfectly on them and I wished really hard those clothes could lie like that on my own body (I get really bad envy of FTM's who don't have such noticeable curves like mine). I wanted to leave at that moment because I felt the wave of dysphoric sadness rush over me... I stuck around though, because it was my friend after all, but it still weighs heavily on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply