Pages

02/12/2014

On privilege

I worry If I transition to male as an ftm, I’ll be labeled as a “privileged and oppressive male” by people. Even though transmen do benefit from male privilege after they transition, if they had a female identity before, they didn’t benefit from male privilege and were just as oppressed as females. More so, we don’t have cis privilege. I’m afraid of expressing this idea on tumblr.
In cases like these, You think you are not entitled to male white privilege but I bet if you and I were walking down a street in any city, I would be stopped and frisked before you.
That right there is an example of white privilege and being Trans.
And I say this because this is true and has happened to me before
I understand you do not want to be viewed like that but this is a harsh reality from the post racial society of America that we live in
-Khalil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply