Pages

17/04/2014

This isn't exactly about me

but I have a dear friend who's transitioning. Recently she told me to start referring to her as a him, and of his new name, and I told my mother about it and asked her to guess.

My mother, being born in the late 50s, started rattling off a list of 80s names - Robert, Vincent, Richard, Vicky, Michael, Raymond.. But in the end she managed to guess it.

I then told my friend about this experience and we had such a good laugh over how all the names my mom guessed were so typically 80s. He asked me to write the experience here cos he likes my writing style, and I just want to say I (and all the people I love who love me) love you no matter what you are, girl, boy, alien, cat, squirrel, ferret or garden snail.

[sibehnotshy, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thoughtful reply